The Location now Called Reseda
was Occupied by Native-american Americans of their Tongva tribe that dwelt near the La River. In 1909 that the Suburban Homes Company, a syndicate led by H.J. Henry E. Huntington, expanded his Pacific Electric Railway (Red Cars) throughout the Valley to Owensmouth (currently Canoga Park). The Suburban Home Company Presented strategies for roads as well as also the towns of Van Nuys, Reseda (Marian) and also Canoga Park (Owensmouth). The metropolitan areas were annexed into the town of Los Angeles in 1915.
On property that was Originally element of the San Fernando Mission, Reseda originated from 1912 as the town of Marian. It had been called after Marian Otis Chandler, the girl of the Los Angeles Times publisher Harrison Gray Otis and partner of Harry Chandler. The name Reseda refers to this fragrant plant Reseda odorata (English name is mignonette) that has been commonly found in gardens of enough summertime and is indigenous to many regions having a Mediterranean climate.
The geographic Name "Reseda
" was used to acquire a from the 1920s, the title Reseda was Transferred out of the Southern Pacific Railroad to the Western Department of this Later, it was used as the title of a Stop on the Pacific Electric interurban railroad running along Sherman Way.